Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Kicking Off the New Season

Hello all!

Many friends recommended I start up a blog and a few months ago I made the web address.... then I stopped there.

Recently, I was very excited to learn of my acceptance to Big Sexy Racing triathlon team with Chris McDonald at the helm and figured this was as good a time as any to get the blog started.

I am recent convert to triathlon, having gotten my start in cycling races at 15 in Denver, CO. My cycling career resulted in several state championships as well as a couple conference championship wins once I reached the collegiate level.
My first inkling of interest in Ironman length triathlons came during a road trip with my college friends. We listened to podcasts to pass the time and happened upon Limits, discussing the limits of the human body and mind. The first segment of the show documents Julie Moss's journey to becoming an Ironman, and I knew just had to find that limit. 
My move to the Gulf Coast of Texas was the final push into the sport, with such a strong triathlon community, making the leap was easy and encouraged. 

My first year in triathlon included three half Ironman races and one full Ironman. I managed to qualify for the Las Vegas 70.3 World Championships by winning age group at Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3. Placing second in my age group at Ironman Texas gives me hope to qualify for Kona this coming season and I'll put everything I have into it. 

Over and out!- Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment